Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Apr 29, 2009

Jewerly artist: Gina Balourdas

Gina Balourdas, worderful jewerly maker joined us at the Barn for the Flea Market style...she says: " My parents are antique dealers so I've been around antiques all of my life.
I would be taken out of school to go to shows and auctions all over the East Coast. I started being drawn to jewelry about 4 years ago, specially spoons. The patterns and details from pieces that are over 100 years old is just inspiring and why let them sit in a drawer?
Spoons lead to typewriter keys, then the beautiful rhinestone pieces that I use in my belts! Now I look at everything with a different eye and say "what can I make out of this? How would this look on my neck?" It's a true passion"
Thank you Gina for sharing and I am looking forward to see you at the next Sale! Ciao Rita

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rita, Thanks for sharing Gina's beautiful art. This is so right up my alley. I love how some people are just made to create. You all are an inspiration to me.
    Hugs, June

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....