Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Oct 14, 2009

white wednesday stockings

"White Wednesday"

Buongiorno and welcome to my White Wednesday. I am getting ready for the Holiday shows and had the Brilliant idea of making stockings with numbers. I decided to solder 9 numbers, why 9 ? I don't know. Deb Hodge came to the rescue, she said "Rita it's 12 numbers, the 12 days of Christmas!", so I am missing 3. They will be ready before the next show thanks to Deb that's making them for me! I love the team work.



Thank you always to "Faded Charm" for including me to her White Wednesday.
Ciao Rita

P.S. the stockings are for sale $ 42.00 each and I can change the number for any word you like.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE, and can I say that one more time, I LOVE those stockings!! They are beautiful!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking great! What a great display...3 more to go and you'll be ready for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just adore these! The "numbers" make them even more special. Have fun getting ready for the Holiday shows. Looking forward to seeing all that your doing.
    I've shown your hen pictures on your previous post to others several times. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita do you ever run out of brilliant ideas?! I think not! These are going to be BIG! I love them so.
    I am still smiling over those sweet chickens on the porch. That needs to be in a magazine.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your stockings turned out. I made some last year out of muslin with lace trims and I added a broach to them. They turned out pretty and I was thinking about maybe some made from feedsacks this year. Thanks for sharing, I'm really getting in the Christmas spirit.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....