Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Jul 22, 2010

I almost forgot!
Christie and I went on a field trip Tuesday. Now, I will let you in on a little secret, shshshsh. Never been in Riverside. Never been at The Ros........this one I will keep it to my self until I go there and share it with you. If it wasn't for Christie I would just shop in Rainbow.

First stop "Old Glory"






Christie and I will be back at Old Glory in November for a holiday show.


Second stop, we met our friend Heather that leaves in Riverside and had lunch in this "delizioso" restaurant. (sorry can't remember the name)




Best part, dessert!

off to some more stores. Too bad "Patina Decor" was closed


" Mr.Beasley's Antiques" and "Brookleberry's Antiques"
what can I say, we though it was one of the usuals Antique stores, NOT! It felt like been back home in my nonna's house. Double, triple of everything. Never seen so many armoire and chairs and couches. Interesting.






Next......

Ciao for now
Rita

8 comments:

  1. love your post on our trip! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ..what a fun day you two girls had !!! You have to get out more Rita. There's a whole world of fun out there waiting for a sweet and sassy sicilian Gal ..!!!

    Your picts are great ..enjoyed them much !

    See ya next week sometime.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go on a field trip! Can you come pick me up? If I remember right I think my new days off are Monday and Tuesdays. I'll be ready and waiting ;0}

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita
    Thank you so much Sweetie for your kind words, it means so much.
    Looks like you have been having fun! Love the couches
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita, you just took me back a few years to when I lived in Moreno Valley. I practically lived on Market Street shopping at all those beautiful stores. I haven't had a chance to come out there for a few years but seeing all those great pics really inspired me to visit.

    On a personal note, I really admire your artistic gift. I have been following your blog way before I started my own blog and added myself to your list of followers. The first time I saw you in person was at the first Glitterfest where I bought a beautiful Marie Antoinette bottle you had made, I display it proudly!(smile)

    I've been meaning to make it out to Cristie's place and take my MIL, she would love to meet another fellow Cicilian. Hope that happens soon.

    BTW I didn't know Heather was from Riverside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys have the best adventures!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita I love those beautiful sofas and settees. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with Christie. The picture of Heather and Christie is so cute. I was able to meet Heather at Farm Chicks and she is such a lovely person.
    I hope you are having the time of your life this Summer. It certainly sounds like you have stayed busy.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rita! I wish I had known you were coming out to Riverside. I would've loved to have seen you! You should've went thru Mission Galleria. There's a lot of nice dealers there...wink-wink! ;).

    It looks like you guys ate at Back Street maybe? They do have great sandwiches and pie!

    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....