Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Aug 20, 2010

I am late, I am late for a very important date!

" To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act" (Anatole France)
I do have a date, actually two dates, very important...this weekend it will be a blast of creativity! Lisa Loria is coming tomorrow to play with solder and Sunday to teach her amazing class of "Bling Babies" in my workshop.

I am cleaning and organizing and I can't seem to get it together. Every time I turn around there is something delicious to look at and I DREAM!

My sweet SIL Christie LOVES to collect beautiful plates. While moving them from one show to another, oops, some get broken. I do feel bad for her but.....I do get to keep the plate! Sorry Christie.




One of our customers "Susan" surprised Christie with a box of goodies a couple of weeks ago. Thank you, Thank you I love all the plates. It will help me so much for my
"Five Times is a Charm"
soldering class on October 16th.




and DREAM.

Ciao for now Rita

5 comments:

  1. Packing my bags to head out at the crack of dawn tomorrow...Woohoo!!!
    SO excited to create, play, learn, teach and visit this weekend!!!!
    XO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita,
    Just stopping by to wish you a happy weekend, sounds like you have that planned already! Can't wait to hear all about it. Love the plates but sorry about the one that got broken of Christie's. Was just over there too. Chat soon!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita - I'm interested in your give-away! Just wasn't positive this was Post #300. Looking forward to the next Chateau de Fleurs and seeing you and Christie! Happy Weekend! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hyperventilating over those pretty dishes Rita! I loved your 'oops, now I have to make a pretty charm out of you' story.
    I hate it when I miss so many great posts here. Soon I will get my act together, and visit regularly. I have to know what you are up to, ya know!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dishes are simply gorgeous, and I love how you're using them! recycling at the most chic!
    Sounds like you're super busy and having tons of fun!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....