Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Nov 18, 2010

Today
Oggi

Years ago......I loved to make teacups on a stick! The problem was that I couldn't let go of them, I liked them too much. They are all over my yard and as beautiful as ever....
(in my eyes)
Tanti anni fa.....incollavo le tazzine da te in una bastone. Il problema era che non potevo venderle, mi piacevano cosi' tanto. Sono dapertutto!






" He who labors diligently need never despair, for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor". Menander
Chi lavora diligentemente non si deve disperare, tutto si realizza con diligenza e lavoro.

There is something about getting ready for Chateau de Fleurs that pushes me to do better. This show is becoming so Dear to me and Christie. We look so forward to it...like a wedding, a graduation. It's a Family get together, the Chateau Family. Two birdhouses were finished today and a couple of soldered bottles, just for the show.
E' qualcosa di speciale prepararsi per il Chateau de Fleurs. E' uno show molto caro a me a Christie. Non vediamo l'ora ....... E' come una riunione di famiglia. La Famiglia Chatea. Ho terminato due casette degli uccelli e un paio di bottiglie con la saldatura.



I am also looking forward to teach the "Note Book" and "Bubble Charm" soldering class this Saturday! So tomorrow I will get the kits ready and bake.....
Ciao for now
Rita
Domani, Sabato ho una classe di Saldatura " Il Libbricino" e un " Ciondolo"

7 comments:

  1. Love what you said about the Chateau and the birdie chateau's are fabulous!!! XO Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweet Rita...
    I so hope to get a chance to go to Chateau de Fleurs. I would love to see your art again & the idea of teacups & saucers on a stick is divine!!
    Hugs & Best of Luck...
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh~~~ so pretty Rita!!
    You know I am the teacup Queen :))

    I need one of those pretties!

    xo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella Rita,
    I love visiting your blog
    Love the music, love the pictures love your sweet heart
    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita! LOVE your birdhouses, so darn cute. And the bottles are darling, the tea cups adorable! What a pretty touch you have for everything! Hey, some day I might get down to take a class, never know. C'mon up yourself anytime. Hugs, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to tell you how surprised I was when I saw your teacup photos. The first one is from Telefora. I have collected these cups for years, along with the matching teapot- they are my everyday cups for tea and I love them. The second teacup (pink one) I also have. Actually I have a service for six, along with the dinner, salad and dessert plates, soup tureen,platter, teapot and gravy boat. The set was my grandmothers. During the depression, everytime you went to the local movie theater, you received a piece of this lovely china. My grandmother had fourteen children and they each helped her complete the set. It is something I cherish and hold very dear to my heart. I am so glad you have kept it,and this is the first time I haver seen a piece of this china other than in my own china cabinet.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....