Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Feb 12, 2011

What a Class!
It was really a treat to have these wonderful students today. I also got to play and make a shadow box.

These friends took the class:
Lisa Loria (very talented artist), Jeanine Gostenhofer (speech therapy teacher) and
Beth Livesay ( Editor of many of Stampington & Co.publications)
Thank you Ladies

I played too and made this box

Lisa brought not only strawberries but also red velvet heart shaped cream cheese frosting cupcakes! Oh mio Dio....so good.
I have to tell you that I love to teach soldering classes but I could not do it without the food! We had French Onion Soup, Mozzarella di Bufala with Tomatoes, Lettuce Wedges with Blue Cheese and Walnuts and if you remember I was brining olives 5 weeks ago. Oh.....they came out so good. But that's another post.

Principessa Lisa working on her box


Beth and Jeanine

Pink Lemonade made it to the workshop too!

The Shadow Boxes in process
Some of the images can be found @ The Graphics Fairy. Her blog is always inspiring me!

Beth's Work

Lisa's Work

Jeanine's Work

Ciao for now
Rita

10 comments:

  1. What a fun day and everyones treasures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, The boxes are very pretty! I cant decide which one is my favorite. Have a wonderful VALENTINES..........Julian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boxes are all so pretty and your workshop looks so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! .... why do NJ and CA have to be on opposite sides of the world?? I want to come and play!!! Wonderful inspiration ... wonderful.

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and what gorgeous creations! I would love to be able to attend something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by tonight Rita. You Cali girls have all of the fun....waaaa! Lovely projects. xo, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I wish I lived closer...your classes sound amazing! Everything from the goregous projects to the scrumptious food - wonderful!
    Best wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wanted to be there also making treasures.

    Loved those boxes and the looks of that studio.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely day! Thanks again Rita! Everyone should take one of Rita's classes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I was so inspired I decided to try my own - and liked the results so much I blogged about it!
    Thank you Rita for inspiring me to think 'outside the box' when it comes to soldering....
    xoxo
    Pammy

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....