Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Apr 12, 2011

A special Day

I did AbsoLuTelY NoThIng On Sunday, RiGht?
as I mention on my past post.

I woke up Sunday and decided it was time to take a brake and also thinking of Saturday.
What happened Saturday?....I went to a special event with special friends!
As you can see from my memory board few new items have been added.
So where did I go?

Follow Your Dreams, Anything Is Possible"

Presented by
Pansy Cottage and Garden
the one and only
Sharon Hughes

at
"Paris In A Cup"

A very inviting Tea Room full of wonderful ladies and I believe I saw a gentlemen.

Speaker, Jenelle Van de Mortel from Van de Mortel Designs made this beautiful book on the left and talked about
"The Business Plan"

Lydia Reza put together a booklet on
"How to Find a Product Rep"

While listening to the speaker's stories, experiences, ideas, dreams......we had the most wonderful lunch! Check out Beth's blog, she took some great photos of the lunch.

Speaker and owner of "Paris in a Cup" Cheryl Turner told us about the Story of Launching a Tea Room. The lessons that she learned, some of her secrets, inspirations and dreams.
Speaker and owner of Heavenly Hostess Cynthia Wadell brought her most amazing aprons. Incredible work and she talked about how important packaging your product is.


It was really nice to meet in person Jacquaeline de Montravel, editor of Romantic Homes Magazine, she was also one of the speakers at Paris in a cup.

So now you understand why I had to take Sunday off. So much to think about....what do I want to do when I grow up? TOO MUCH! It is such a gift to be at this point of my life where so many friendships have been made and to feel so comfortable with all of them.
The gift of CREATING!

After the Tea, we walked to the Antique stores in Orange Circle. I got to see Sue at Country Roads! I found some special treasures......

Ciao for now
Rita

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for filling me in on the events in Old Towne. I am always the last to know what is going on ;0) Maybe I should pay better attention to the world around me? It was great seeing you after your exciting day in Old Towne Orange! Glad you made time to stop by and see us!!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my sweet. What a day, I am still high as a kite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted a picture of two cuffs with cream lace for you to decide on. You are my first custom order. So exciting.

    Thank you again!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....