Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Apr 28, 2011

Vintage Inspirational Friday

We all love VINTAGE!

I especially love VINTAGE signs but they are a little bit to pricy or hard to find and I do understand that time goes by and they gain value. Am I saying it correctly?. Any how, today I am linking to Debra at Common Ground (Thank you Debra!) for another "Vintage Inspiration Friday". I am so inspired by these signs. They are not VINTAGE but it takes me few hours to make them look VINTAGE. Layers and layers of different paints, sanding and staining. It's so much fun! and you never know how it's going to look at the end. I am getting ready for the next "The Vintage Marketplace" and planning to have a lot of signs to choose from.

It's my second time to make "Welcome to my World" and this was a special request. I am always saying Welcome to my World but never though people would want it in their own home.
Go figure!

and of course an Italian sign "La Vita e' Bella" ,
" Life is Beautiful"

Please stop by Debra's for more bloggers linking to
" Vintage Inspirational Friday"

Ciao for now
Rita

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rita, these are so pretty, They really do look vintage, you do a beautiful job! I just saw your sweet baby chicks enjoying thier watermelon treat, so so cute!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration, xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I LOVE the signs. My heart especially went pitter pater over the Life is beautiful. Where and how can I get my hands on one of those beautiful treasures?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....