Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Oct 10, 2011

Family - Friends
Dean and I spent the weekend away from home. It's been a while.....
The weekend was FULL of inspirations, seen friends that we haven't seen in a long time, meeting new ones from blogland, missing one (sorry Riki) and spending time with family too.
I have so many photos to edit and show you so it will take few posts. I will start from the end of our trip because this lady filled me with inspirations,
THANK YOU TINA!

Tina leaves in Atascadero with her husband and kids and grand kids. She is so crafted and I believe that if we leaved closer we would do some damaged together. Tina came to our cousins house to visit and she was holding a glass totem. I had seen one earlier in Tia Betty's garden and loved it...and took a photo. Didn't know where she bought it or who made it. So, as soon as Tina came in the leaving room she handed me the glass totem! It was for me!!!!
This morning, first thing was to find a home for it and can't wait for tonight....it has a solar light on the top dome.
We visited Tina's garden before getting back on the road and couldn't resist taking pictures of her totems. Such beautiful work.


This one below is from Tia Betty's garden.
We'll visit Tia Betty's Halloween Porch and Kitchen in my next post.
Ciao for now
Rita

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and it is so cute in here! So many amazing ideas and creative people... I love the glass totems, and the umbrellas are precious. I can't wait to look around some more!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao, Rita! What what is the clear piece at the top...the hanging one? And can you tell me what you used for a solar light??

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you like it! It looks very pretty in your yard, i hope to see it in person someday. You have inspired me, can't wait to cut apart my gold trash can and make a crown! Tina

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....