Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Feb 3, 2012

Encouragement

Work in Progress
I purchased a can of  mirror like glass spray paint a couple of weeks ago and I was not sure what to do with it until yesterday. 
I made my first mirror and at first I was very excited!

 Then my Deano  tells me "It's no go". So I started noticing all the imperfections and how I could make it better....Still I needed someone else opinion, I wanted to hear that......there was hope and that I didn't spend 2 hours for nothing.
 Who better then my SIL Christie to tell me the truth! She liked it and she said also that with an old frame around it , it would look much better. Can't wait to find a frame for my gorgeous mirror!
and planning to make more and get better at it!
Thank you Deano and Christie for your criticism and encouragement.
Ciao for now
Rita

8 comments:

  1. i love it when we can all encourage each other, it is so important. Thanks Rita, for all your encouragement to me over the years : ) I value what you say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Rita, and hope we get to see it once you find the perfect frame. Almost everything I make doesn't really pass the Dale test, but then after he sees that I actually sell it, he quickly changes his mind and wants me to make more :)
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely! :) I'm visiting from Feathered Nest Friday - lovely to meet you!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Christie, it's fabulous! Did you use the new Looking Glass from Krylon? I have been searching for that stuff for months and nobody seems to carry it. Where did you purchase yours? I am so itching to try it out! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Big Hug,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is beautiful and an old frame will make it that much better!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think it is darling Rita!! How sweet and pretty it is!! The frame will be wonderful on it too!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I think it looks beautiful and I love the words :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it too - LOVE< LOVE it! Even without the frame, it's gorgeous!

    I see roses in the middle - is that a decal, then the mirror paint? I'm guessing, like another person, it's "Looking Glass" by Krylon. I searched everywhere too for that spray paint. I found it finally at Hobby Lobby in NC - but I've found it on Amazon too.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....