Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Oct 16, 2012

Resting for one second





Our friends own a Farm and they are also growing vegetables for the homeless. The program is called Outreach Farm Project. Check out their page on FB! and learn more about this project.
I am not part of the church or group but I love what they do! I promise my self to volunteer more in the fields next season.
A couple of weeks ago we scarred some pumpkins. And this past Sunday they sold the pumpkins at Rancho Community Church in Temecula.




I did plant some Paper White Bulbs yesterday and I hope they will bloom by the next show....

More picks of the Farm
Sunflowers

Chicken pot pie tonight!
So you see I rested for a second......

Ciao for now
Rita 

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, do I wish I were at your house tonight for dinner Rita!
    Your friends are doing such great work on the farm. I loved seeing the field of pumpkins!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sweet BFFFF,
    Are you sure you rested??? Looks like you were working! But, I must say your chicken pot pie looks amazing (not showing it to Larry) and I can't wait to run out to get some Paper Whites,
    they are so amazing...here come the Holidays!
    Thank you for all my goodies...the pepper tree
    branches smell wonderful!
    xoxo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that FARM!!! and the pumpkin is awesome...I am so glad you took a little time-out to enjoy your day XO

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....