Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Sep 12, 2009

Good morning blogettes
do you remember the projects that I couldn't complete for "White Wednesday"? Well here we have one,I finally finished and took it a La Maison Rustique. Four french windows given to me by my neighbor, their house burned down few years ago and they saved the windows. They never re built the house and they know how I love everything and anything that I can put together....

Had to make a base of 2"x 3" and corner brackets. Remember to measure 10 times before you cut!

The tin roof came from a building in Illinois.


and here we are at the Barn Sale! I love it, do I want to sell it......I will be ok if it doesn't sale until I can build another one. The sale is going great I will have more to proudly brag about Monday.

Ciao for now
Rita

6 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed I can't make it out to the sale this weekend!!! Hope it's a huge success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your latest project! I'm not going to make it up to Temecula today. Too much work to do. Can't wait to hear all about it on your next post.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would have bought it if I was at the sale, I love it!!!
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love that! I wish I was there, I would buy it right this minute! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Rita! Wouldn't that look great sitting in my garden? You made me laugh tonight(measure 10 times) thanks, I needed it.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever clever girl. And recycling to boot!!
    Love the little stool also. x Julie

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....