Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Apr 13, 2010

White Wednesday Lace from Sicily

White Wednesday!
and I need to know what to do....

The bird is a new project for Glitterfest. Did you know I will be at Glitterfest? The challenge for me is to make small things. Since I will have my Birdhouses I was thinking of decorating birds. I am not good at it. The best bird decorators are: Joy from Vintage Rabbit and Linda from La Maison Rustique/Urban Barn But I am going to give it a try....
Also I brought back lace from Sicily, some new, some old. The question is: do I resale them by the yard? Do I make things with it?




first bird is done! and I don't like it. I got it a Joann and it's head looks to Franksteinish to me. Oh well, it was fun.

Happy White Wednesday and don't forget to visit Kathleen for more White Wednesday bloguettes.
Arrivederci Rita

11 comments:

  1. Hello Rita, Thank you for your visit. Have a nice evening. I am also glad you liked the garden That is the kind of work I luv..

    ReplyDelete
  2. those trims are to die for
    I would not be able to let them go.
    Happy WW
    AMy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita! I'm so sorry I forgot to send you the link for the doves! Here you go:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Christmas-Dove-12-piece-White-Doves-New_W0QQitemZ250332192030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a48f61d1e

    Have fun!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rita...Iwant to buy some of your lace :) I have a few ideas where I can use it. I hope you have a great sale upin Roseville this Sunday... drive safely and sell everything.

    smiles,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty trims...nice white Wednesday! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is that little white bird with the gold glitter crown? Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birdie looks cute, Rita! The lace? keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love the little bird. And I have to say, I'm with Marcela on the lace, KEEP IT!!!!
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! I'm so glad you're back. I was just thinking about you the other day. My daughter is really enjoying soldering. She is doing it way more than me. Hope all is going well and thanks for sharing all your beautiful lace.


    ~Happy WW~

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita: The bird is cute but I think it needs a ribbon? bow? rusty chain around neck? Alot of help aren't I? ha ha

    I'm with everyone else. I would keep the lace intact and either sell by lengths or package up in smaller increments in cute little bags.

    Can't wait for Glitterfest :}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bird, it looks sweet! Can't wait to see you...have a good sale this weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....