Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Jan 15, 2012

Two Days of Creativity

Day 1
Creating with Beth Livesay!

 I love spending time with Beth, Editor of Altered Couture, Somerset Home, Jewelry Affair, Apron-ology, Handbags, Belle Armoire Jewelry .....all  Stampington publications. Also Editor of "Site Seeing" in Romantic Homes Magazine. She is a busy, talented, adorable young Lady. This is the second year that I invite Beth to come to Rainbow to celebrate her Birthday while creating with solder. I asked Beth if she had any preference and she wanted to work on jewelry. I wanted to come up with something new and fun! 

Beth's finished piece
Beautiful!
 I love to work with broken china. My first birdhouses circa 15 years ago where covered with broken china and grout. A hobby that I really miss from time to time. I am glad I am able to incorporate this art into solder pieces. 

(My piece done while teaching Beth)

 This pendant below is my first one. I would like to teach a class some day. Maybe a Private Class of 7 students? Will see.....

I will share Day 2 of Creativity soon!

Ciao for now
Thank you Beth for spending the day with Dean and I

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, Looks like you all had a good time just luv the pics ant the little treasures. Have a beautiful week........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, your classes are so amazing and fun! I ate tiramisu Saturday night for dessert and fish tacos yesterday. Still so wonderful! My post to come soon : ) So blessed to call you a friend and teacher.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....