Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

May 14, 2012

The Vintage Marketplace at the Oaks

Smalls

When you are a wood worker you tend to build big. It's hard for me to come up with smalls for the event . Inspired by a roll of fabric that I purchased in Oceanside at "Embellishments" a couple of months ago I made sachet bags and filled them with the most fragrant bath salts. The sachets have pink or cream ribbon and a tiny rhinestones and pearls button.

Saturday I went shopping with Amber and at the Big Barn Antique Sale we both purchased  these galvanized drawers. Perfect display boxes for the Lavender Sachets.

I had an idea in my mind for a while and for Launch your Creativity I donated a Message in a bottle Charm and made a jar to go with it. I loved the idea to present the gift inside a soldered jar. So I made few more for the next Vintage Marketplace. The jars can hold a small necklace. A velvet cushion sits at the bottom of the jar. I soldered the lid and added lace around and some of them have a rhinestone and pearl on top or a pink resin rose.


Enjoy your week

Ciao for now

Rita 

2 comments:

  1. Rita, I love the sachets and hope there are still some left when I get over to your booth.

    HuGs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. l love your beautiful sachets and necklaces in a jar....very creative.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....