Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Aug 7, 2012

Comments or no Comments

Do you get weird comments on your blog? Comments that don't have anything to do with your creativity, your love for Vintage? Well I have been getting a few every week. 
This one I have to share. 

comment left on the

She Says:
Green is a good choice of color for the brooch. It’s sure to grab anybody’s attention. By the way, how long have you been keeping this old door? Do you have any plans on painting it? I suggest you do because the paint is fading. Anyway, I wish to see this ""Rustic Romance"" theme you're speaking of, Rita.

It sure made me laugh......why would I want to paint my beautiful old door? and I never noticed that the brooch was green! I did find out that the comment was left by a company that sells "Roofing and Windows".


My point is.....do I want to continue on receiving these weird comments? 
Should I not allow reader comments?


Ciao for now
Rita



5 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world Rita ;0) You can't even imagine what I hear daily at CR. It is truly amazing what comes out of people's mouths!

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Do you have comment moderation? I sometimes find some of these weird messages in my "spam" folder.
    I hope you won't disallow comments!
    Ciao!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try that Monica. Since you have a non reply-comment I have to ask. Does that helps with it?
      Ciao Rita

      Delete
  3. That is hilarious..it sounds like something a man would say, though, or someone who isn't knowledgable of the chippy love that is sweeping our nation. Paint the door...come on...I laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny! I love the chippy door by the way.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....