Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Aug 29, 2015

MY LATEST NECKLACES, SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!!!



I am not comfortable with colors, I wear gray, black, white (must be a Sicilian thing), so when I want to create something with color it can go two ways....or I love it or I hate it!
It all started when I was cleaning the workshop and getting ready to do a flea market.
I found a chintz tea cup, the only one I own, purchased 11 years ago $70.00....CRAZY!!

Anyway since then I have been playing with colors..... 

I am using resin flowers, making the metal hearts using solder and a torch and I am creating one of a kind  chains. 
It takes a long time but it's worth it!

I was never comfortable with torching but I am now enjoying it more and more....
my first time using a torch was in Diane Cook's class and then in Terri Brush's class, after that I didn't touch my torch until the Chintz tea cup appeared!

Don't give up, practice practice

Another excitement in making these pieces is adding color. I never know the exact color until the epoxy dries.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend
Ciao for now Rita

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these. Soldering is something I've never tried, but now I see that I must learn.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....